blogpic

blogpic

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

"I love....LOVE!!!" ;-)

Not too long ago there was a period of time that I could often be heard quoting Nina Potts Jefferies's,  "Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.". However, recently, I started thinking that this quote can hold some negative connotation to it or that the quote just did not seem right anymore. 
While it's a great quote, I realized that the times that I had used it or applied it to my world, were times when I was on the defensive or "putting my guard up" so to speak. Moments of un-comfortability, especially when it was focused on a romantic or matter of the heart.

Keeping with the spirit and the momentum that I've come to build, in which I choose to see the glass "half full" and seek out and find the positive prospective in everything, I came upon the following quote by Dr. Wayne Dyer and immediately fell in love with it. 

"Every person you interact with should feel the inner glow that comes from being appreciated, particularly for the ways in which they express their creativity. A core theme, which strengthens the flow of the power of intention, is wanting for others as much as you intend for yourself." - Dr. Wayne Dyer


I started thinking how, for me, I love being able to make people feel good, no, GREAT!, about themselves. I love being able to give someone a compliment or say a few nice things or do an act of kindness, anything to help that person feel just a little bit better on that particular day.  Do I want or ask for anything in return? No, to be completely honest, just knowing that I was able to make someone smile or cause some type of effect is more then enough for me.

I realized that even in those moments of un-comfortability, moments of defense or of guarding myself in relation to romantic/matters of the heart, that I still want to continue to be ME.  The me that does treat the other as a priority and that will always go above and beyond to demonstrate my commitments and my love.   Why, because I've come to the conclusion that it's what works for ME. It's what ultimately makes ME happy.  It's when I go into that defense mode of thinking that maybe I'm giving too much and falling victim to the influences of a jaded society that is, at times, very much out for "it's self" that I find I start to compromise who "I" am... and that's when things begin to become...dun...dun...dun.. "complicated". That's when the guard really starts to go up and I start to retract.  Decisions and actions get second guessed.  The easy going "flow" of just doing, giving and being me starts to come to a halt and I become..."unhappy".

"Ahhhhhh run for your lives ...it's the return of the "complicated"relationship! Uglier then ugly, scarier then scary, will rip you apart, tear you to shreds, lift you up where you belong ...just to drop you and shatter you again.... ahhhhh...save yourselves."

Ya know, I've come to terms with this..."I LOVE..LOVE!!!".  If you know me...you know that I do.  And I love "wanting for others as much as I want for myself".  I believe in the goodness and kindness of people. I believe that ultimately we all (men and women), just want to be with someone who accepts and understands us and wants to build us up.  Wants to be our cheerleader, our number one fan but can also give us that "swift kick in the behind" when we need it most.  And for me, I'm happy loving with ALL I've got. I'm happy showering that person in my life with love and affection.  I'm happy making them a priority.  Honestly, if you're going to be with someone and not make them a priority then why even do it?  I'm not in the business of doing anything half-assed, and loving someone is included in that.

Do I know that by being this way I may be possibly setting myself up for disappointments and heart-ache? Sure! But will it stop me from being me and loving FULLY! UNCONDITIONALLY! UNDENIABLY!...(que Meatloaf - I'd Do Anything For Love... hahahah!) ...PURE! and TRUE!?......... Nope!!!!

Dr.Dyer also said, "Remember that your natural state is joy.", well I believe that with that, love goes hand in hand.  "Naturally!"
(WAYNE W. DYER, PH.D., is an internationally renowned author and speaker in the field of self-development. He's the author of over 30 books, has created many audio programs and videos, and has appeared on thousands of television and radio shows.)

I have no doubt that by continuing to "be me" and behaving in my purest, rawest and truest form, I will be and AM! happy and that someday some one will recognize and want for me as much as they want for themselves.  No fairy-tale or sunshine and rainbows...just realistic "You're cool...I'm cool...Let's be cool together" talk.
***
Best of all, I'm already SUPER LUCKY!!!!  I've got two amazing kids that love me like no one's business.  In their eyes I hung the stars and the moon and for me...they ARE the stars, the moon, the sun, the earth, the sky...they are EVERYTHING!!! 
***



Happy Birthday to my dear friends Laura and Shawn! Lots of love and happiness on your special day!
XOXO




No comments: